Sunday 6 January 2019

SLJ Air pollution

Kia ora. I've been doing some more SLJ. For this activity, I had to watch a video about air pollution, how it is created, and how it can affect us, then I had to share 3 new things I learnt about air pollution.
Here is my Week 3 Day 5 Activity 1:

3 new things I have learnt about air pollution is:

  • Smog is a type of air pollution and has serious health affects.
  • Smog can harm plants, irritates the eyes and distress.
  • When we burn fossil fuels to produce energy, Greenhouse gases are released into the air.
This is terrible! We need to make a change!
Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from my home in Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. Aren't we both lucky that we live in countries where smog isn't usually a problem?

    You're right about smog having serious health affects. I have friends who live in places where they have trouble breathing when they're outside because the air is so polluted. That would be difficult!!

    As you say, the less fossil fuel we use, the better!! I try to do as many of my errands as possible by walking, rather than driving a car. And I try to be as efficient as possible when driving around - I try to do a route that's as short as it can be to do what I need to do.

    People are working hard to come up with new ways of making energy that aren't as polluting as fossil fuels are. Hopefully we're going to be able to use some of these new technologies soon so that we can reduce our impact on the earth!! Are there choices that you make, with your family, to use as little fuel as possible?

    I hope your air in Auckland is beautiful this summer and that you're having a really nice summer holiday!! Keep up your great work on this program - you're doing well!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.