Sunday 30 December 2018

SLJ True or false?

Kia ora. I've been doing some more SLJ. For this activity, I had to decide if some questions are true or false.
Here is my Week 2 Day 1 Activity 3:

Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. TRUE
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. TRUE
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) TRUE
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ FALSE
Do you think I'm right?
Blog ya later!


1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Claire,

    Ka pai, you've sorted out the true or false statements correctly! Perhaps next time you could include why each fact is true or false. Rather than 'classes', what are groups of fish called? Also, although sharks do have eyelids, they do not blink, let me know if you find out why that is…

    I think the name 'starfish' is pretty confusing, seeing as starfish are actually not fish! I wonder who it was that decided to name it that.. The last time I visited Kelly Tartons I got to feel some of the little starfish in the shallow rock pools. Have you ever touched one in real life?

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.