Sunday 23 December 2018

SLJ The Lord of the Forest

Kia ora, I have been doing some more SLJ. This activity is about a massive Kauri tree.
Here is my Week 1 Day 2 Activity 1:

Would you like to go and visit the largest Kauri tree, Tane Mahuta or also known as 'The Lord of the Forest'?
Yes, I would like to see this legendary tree. I want to go see Tane Mahuta because you can't find many Kauri trees out in the world, it's especially hard to find them when they are in danger from the 'Kauri dieback'. I think it would be quite special to see this magnificent tree for real. I also want to see this tree because maybe I can learn more about it and maybe help the save the Kauri trees.

Would you like to see Tane Mahuta?
Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Bula Vinaka Claire,

    You have given a clear view point and set of reasons why you would want to visit Tāne Mahuta. Kudos to you for mentioning Kauri Dieback and leaving an informative link for people who may not know what that it is. More people need to know about this disease. There is a small a way we can prevent it from spreading. What must we do before setting foot near a any Kauri tree? Let me know in the comment section when you find out.

    Perhaps next time you could include some well taken photographs of Tāne Mahuta in all its greatness. I'm sure seeing a few pictures of Tāne Mahuta would encourage readers to visit Waipoua Forest where it is located.

    One day I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta so I can see the gigantic and mighty tree up close. I have a feeling I might get emotional when I look up at its trunk and think about how long its been standing in that spot. If only trees could talk..

    Keep up the good work Claire and make sure you take some time to go out and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.