Sunday 13 January 2019

SLJ Restricted access

Hallo! I've been doing some more SLJ. For this activity, I had to go on a website about the government restricting the access to Machu Picchu, then I had to type whether I like what the government is doing or not.
Here is my Week 4 Day 4 Activity 3:
I think that what the government is doing is good because:
1. Machu Picchu is a beautiful place and if the government wants it to stay beautiful, so of course Machu Picchu will need a controlled number of people.
2. The trek looks a bit steep in places and some people might have gotten hurt before(if they weren't looking where they were going), so I think that if the government has restricted the number of people, it means that there's less people getting hurt.

Do you think that the government is doing the right thing?
Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire,

    I'm Leslie and I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, reading your blog from my home in Canada. Isn't it amazing that I live on the opposite side of the planet and yet I can participate in the same program as you? Technology is amazing!

    I agree with you that it's important that historic, sacred places need to be protected. It's unfortunate that there can be so much wear and tear on the landscape of Machu Picchu if too many people travel there - but it's very natural that that would happen. So the hard choice has to be made to limit how many people can come. One of my friends has made the trek and she found it a very special experience and a very beautiful place. She was one of the lucky people allowed to have the visit.

    It's interesting that you're mentioning that the government might be concerned about visitors being injured while treking. How did you come up with that idea? Have you read about that somewhere?

    Have you ever climbed a mountain, or would you like to? The steepest climbs I've ever had were climbing some of the volcanoes in Auckland. Mt. Eden is pretty steep in places, isn't it?? And so is One Tree Hill!

    I hope you're getting out and about this summer, having fun on your summer holiday! And I hope you're enjoying the SLJ activities. I'm enjoying reading your blog!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.