Wednesday 2 January 2019

SLJ Overfishing

Guten Tag! I've been doing some more SLJ. For this activity I pondered(think deeply) about whether the Overfishing rule is okay.
Here is my Week 2 Day 5 Activity 1:

I think the Overfishing rule is okay. People should pay a $100, 000 dollar fine if they are caught fishing in overfished areas. I think this rule is okay because:
1. People shouldn't be sneaking into closed areas
2. Some animals only eat fish and if there isn't enough food for them, they would starve and maybe become endangered animals.



What do you think?
Blog ya later!

2 comments:

  1. Talofa Claire,

    You have told us what you thought about the rule very clearly, ka pai. I like that you have bullet pointed two reasons to support your view. Perhaps next time you could include some information about other rules in our waters, like how many shell fish people are allowed to take home from a beach.

    I too think it's fair to get a fine. Overfishing is a serious problem and like you said a lot life depends on having fish in our waters. There are also rules around what kinds of fish you can take home. Did you know that if you catch a fish that is undersized, you must place it back in the water?

    Another good post.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Cia,
    Thank you for commenting on my blog!
    I will add what you have suggested, I don't really know about the shell fish rule but I will have a look at it on the internet.

    A fishing team called Hiwi the Kiwi came to our school and told us about fishing. The man said if the fish we catch is too small, we have to let go so it can grow, and I can't really remember why he said we had to let the big ones go.
    Thx,
    Claire🌸🍀💗

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.