Monday 7 January 2019

SLJ Dame Suzi Moncrieff

Hello! I've been doing SLJ. For this activity, I had to learn about Dame Suzi Moncrieff and think of questions I would like to ask her.
Here is my Week 4 Day 1 Activity 1:

1. Dame Suzi Mocreieff, what was your first costume that you made?
2. What type of reusable materials did you use?
3. What is your favorite costume hat you have made?
4. Are the costumes comfortable?
5. What inspired you to start WOW?

         Dress made from recyclable items

Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from my snowy home in Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. You've posted a beautiful photo from a WOW event - good for you!

    I think your questions for Dame Moncrieff are excellent. I'm also very curious as to whether or not her creations are comfortable. Some of them look rather stiff, don't they? And I'm curious too as to just what materials she has used. I suspect we'd be surprised by the things she has made outfits from!!

    Have you ever made anything from a reusable material? I've made bird feeders from large plastic pop bottles and milk cartons, and done art work with children using egg cartons. I can't imagine trying to make clothes, however!!!

    Perhaps you're being creative this summer, making some art projects during your summer break. Is that something you like to do?

    I love to knit and do something called 'counted cross stitch'. I also like to make pillows and blankets for children to cuddle up in. Perhaps you like to make things as well?

    I hope you're having a super summer and that you'll continue to work on these activities. You're doing a great job!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.