Monday 31 December 2018

SLJ Math

Kia ora! I've been doing some more SLJ. For this activity I had to figure out a math question.
Here is my Week 2 Day 3 Activity 3:

Solution 1: If 1 adult can carry 25 kg, then that means that you will need 4 adults to lift 100 kg, right? If the squid weighs 500kg, all you need to do is times 4 by 5.
4x5=20
Answer: You will need 20 adults and 0 children to lift the squid.

You can get lots of different answers to this question.
Can you figure them out?
Blog ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Tena Koe Claire,

    I can see that you've used multiplication to try and solve the problem, good thinking! You could indeed have 20 adults lift and transport the squid successfully. A friendly reminder; the task asks that you include children in the problem. Please edit your post to include another solution to the problem, this time including children. I will be happy to reward you full points for this activity once you have done this. :)

    If I could help transport the giant squid, I would give it a go, the smell would probably put me off but I guess this is where some nose plugs would come in handy! If you had the opportunity to help out, would you?

    I look forward to reading your edited post. :)

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.